STEM lessons can be fun. Whether it is origami jumping frogs or making a boat out of cement, Mandy Casto has eight high-energy ideas for making STEM fun. She also shares her favorite ways to find new ideas and about the success of school-wide “STEM Time” for the students each week.
If you sign up to start a club before July 10, you may be eligible for a $10,000 grant to get your club started. (They also have some cool things to help you get going.)
My son loves the Dash and Dot robots from Wonder Workshop. He'll be programming them over the summer as I continue to reinforce Computer Science at home.
- 8 Lessons Mandy used to make STEM fun
- The benefits of having “STEM TIME” in your school.
- How to connect all subjects with STEM in unique ways. (You can connect history, ELA and more to STEM.)
- How Mandy helps students become more courageous and creative.
- Mandy's favorite places to find ideas to make STEM fun.
Mandy Casto @thatmathlady is a middle school math and science teacher in Concord, North Carolina. She currently teaches students in a STEM program and is constantly amazed by the impact of STEM education on her students.