Grant Smith helps teachers learn to code. Surprisingly, he says that teachers have less to learn about teaching coding than programmers do! Today's episode will help you learn how you can teach coding too.
From simple sites to the tips and tricks to get you started, now is the time to learn to code.
- Why just taking students to the websites for coding is not enough.
- What the research says about the teacher's role in coding instruction.
- The use of coding journals in elementary schools to assess learning and blogs for older students.
- How some schools are meeting ELA (English Language Arts) standards using coding. Other options for math, science and history teachers to meet standards and use coding to do it.
- Some simple places to get started with teaching kids to code.
Grant [email protected]wgrantsmith is an elementary computer science teacher trainer, consultant, and curriculum developer. He loves working with school districts to implement CSforAll initiatives at the primary grade levels.