Physics can be taught with a total project based learning approach and have high test scores. Teacher Ben Owens demonstrates this every day. High poverty and high needs students don’t stop him. He expects 100% engagement from every student every day (and gets it.) Listen Now
Even more exciting is how the girls in his class enjoy physics. (Some of them recently won a “punkin’ chunkin’ contest” in his local Appalachian mountain community.) Hear the @engineerteacher tell his fantastic story of learning, engagement and high achievement.
Essential Questions: Riveting Ways to Engage Girls in STEM, Achieve High Test Scores
- How project based learning and physics compliment each other.
- How Ben Owens works to reach every student with difficult math and physics concepts.
- How Ben helps girls get more excited about math (It is not what you think.)
Educator Resources from this Episode
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)