Tony Vincent started using mobile devices in the classroom back in the days of Palm Pilots. Since then, he's become an expert on everything mobile. In episode 143 of Every Classroom Matters, Tony teaches us how to use the iPad even when you only have one. He shares about infopics and how you can use them for a student reporter project. Tony also explains his new app, StickAround, which lets you create cool informational puzzles in teaching and learning.
If you are teaching with mobile devices or don't have enough technology to go around, this episode will be very helpful to you.
Here are some must-grab resources that Tony shared:
- iPad as teacher's pet infographic version 2.0
- The StickAround App
- The PicCollage App (Tony's Favorite app)
- Tony's YouTube channel (See his infopics tutorial included below.)
Teachers with insufficient technology access who want students to blog should try his “daily planet” student reporter idea that he shares on the show! You can follow Tony on Twitter @tonyvincent and read his blog.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)