Stay up to date. Be the first one to know. RSS can help you follow your friend's blogs without having to go to the web page. Feedly is your one stop shop for information. Master Feedly to make your life easier.
Today, let's learn how to set up Feedly (just the basics). We'll add three sources of information. You'll learn about the technology behind Feedly, RSS. RSS can make your life easier.
Click the play button below and follow along. I encourage you to pause the video, do each step, and resume playing when you're ready to move on.
Video Tutorial: How to Use Feedly to Stay Up to Date
While RSS has been around for a while, few people understand it. Feedly makes it simple.
- What is RSS?
- How do you set up an RSS reader? (We used Feedly)
- What are 3 Ways to Find RSS Feeds?
- How Does Feedly Fit into Your Learning?
- What is a PLN?
How You can Learn Feedly and RSS
- Set up your Feedly page.
- Add content all three ways I teach in the video.
- Take the time to check Feedly each day for the next week.
- If you have a smartphone, you can install the Feedly app.
After you see it in action for a few days, you'll understand. I use Feedly to read education blogs, follow the current research, and to find viral videos.
Tip for a Quick Read on Feedly
Feedly shows you trending topics. A number with a flame appears in the bottom left corner of topics. When I'm rushed for time, I'll gravitate towards trending topics. But I always want to take time for slow reads of all types of content at least once or twice a week.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)