If you're struggling to figure out how to make assessment part of your data driven instruction, there are two great companies who, in my opinion (and that of many others) exemplify this model. I think that teachers are hungry for what really works and to know how other teachers are doing it.
No matter what platform(s) you're using, you'll want to join us as we discuss best practices in data driven instruction. The examples I and other educators will discuss are TenMarks (math) and Lightsail (ELA). Both have both been picked by reviewers on Common Sense Media (Graphite) as the best of 2014.
Data-Driven Instruction Webinar Topics:
- What does data-driven instruction look like in the classroom?
- How can technology change formative assessment methods?
- What types of digital ELA and Math programs support CCSS implementation?
Information on Webinar Sponsors:
- Literacy accelerator featuring top tradebooks with in-text assessments, delivering instant data to teachers.
- Mindful Data award winner, EdSurge and Digital Promise DILAs.
- CommonSense Media ELA Top Pick
What I think is great about LightSail is that close reading questions are delivered right inside text. Teachers can track student engagement in real time. It takes something that every school wants to do – engage students with great reading — and adds tools to help teachers in powerful ways. It is the way ebooks can evolve to help students and teachers partner to help kids learn.
- Math platform powers a new generation of math learners with practice, instruction,assessments and real-time interventions.
- NSBA Technology Innovation Showcase winner.
- Common Sense Media Math Top Pick
I love TenMarks. The basic account with all of the problems for your students is FREE. You can purchase a subscription to give you more access to data and powerful tools to take your math instruction further. This is a wildly popular site for math teachers everywhere.
Why the webinar?
If you've listened to my show, Every Classroom Matters, you'll know that I love to talk to great educators. I want you to have practical examples about what works. When I find things that work, I want you to know about them.
So, mark your calendars! On December 3, let's get together and talk data driven instruction. Not pie in the sky but how it really works.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)