Sir John Hargrave has taken the research on the mind and related it to current self-help practices to help us learn what works. In today's episode, we learn about essential thought patterns we should understand to be successful educators. Metacognition is an essential skill of the most successful students. I also share how I overcame my own negative thought loops caused by four years of bullying.
Some of the fascinating takeaways from this show are:
- Concentration as a missing skill in the classroom
- How to Overcome Negative Thought Loops that Keep Us From Being Our Best
- The Important Metacognitive Skills We Should Teach Students
- Steve Job's “Reality Distortion Field” Technique
Sir John Hargrave's book Mindhacking is FREE (at least through Fall 2015) at http://www.mindhacki.ng/
[tweetthis url=”http://cctea.ch/ecm-146″]”We believe everything our mind tells us and get stuck in these thought loops.” @sirjohnhargrave[/tweetthis]
Metacognition and a growth mindset are essential areas for every educator to understand. Listen to the show and dig into the research of mind hacking and metacognition.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)