Beth Kanter is a leading social media expert for nonprofits. She gives advice on how schools should manage their Facebook, Twitter, and social media efforts. Most schools need more volunteers and donors (or at least positive press). Schools can even motivate students to share positive things. Social media can help if you know how.
- How should schools spend time on social media? Measure success?
- How one group found a video with a million views didn’t help get more volunteers and donors.
- Engage and empower PhilanthroTeens to support your school on social media.
- Make it easier for volunteers to sign up.
- Make it easier to donate through social media. (We talk about Facebook’s “donate now” button.)
- Explanation of A/B testing and how it can help your school.
Beth Kanter wrote the Networked Nonprofit book series. She is considered a leading expert in the use of social media for social change. Social media is a mindset. Social media is a skill. Social media can help you, not just be a problem. Anyone working with social media in schools should follow Beth.
- The Networked Nonprofit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change by Beth Kanter
- Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World by Beth Kanter
- Facebook donate now button
- Volunteerspot.com is a free tool that will make it easier to engage potential volunteers and donors. Make parent-teacher conferences easy. Pick the times you can meet. Email/share the link. Parents DON’T need a password or login to sign up. Volunteerspot will remind them. Volunteerspot is easy and FREE! Sign up today.
Episode 174: Get More Volunteers and Donors for Your School
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)