Virtual Reality is improving for use in the classroom. Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality Education Expert, Jaime Donally, thinks that the Oculus Quest is a game-changer for the classroom. From less “queasiness” to some amazing apps, Jaime explains why she thinks the Oculus Quest is such a big deal.
Listen to Jaime Donally talk about the Oculus Quest
Subscribe to the Show
Get Credit! Some schools, districts, and organizations allow credit for listening to podcasts. Whether they do or don’t, to get the most out of listening you can use this Podcast PD Template Hyperdoc. Just make a copy and adapt it for your use or print it. If you don’t have Google Docs, just use this PDF.
Learn about the Oculus Quest and virtual reality for your challenge today:
- How to Create in AR and VR – Jaime Donally
- AR and VR in the Classroom – Hall Davidson
- Virtual Reality Protocols in the Classroom – Jaime Donally
- Virtual Reality (VR) as a new educational paradigm – Enrique Cachafeiro
- Simple virtual reality with Google Streetview and Google Cardboard – Donnie Piercey
Jaime Donally – Bio from Her Website
Jaime Donally is a passionate technology enthusiast. She began her career as a math teacher and later moved into Instructional Technology. Her desire to build relationships have brought about opportunities to collaborate with students and educators around the world. She provides staff development and training on immersive technology as an edtech consultant.
Her latest adventures include the launch of Global Maker Day and the #ARVRinEDU community. She works as an author and speaker to provide practical use of augmented and virtual reality with more resources at ARVRinEDU.com.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)