Leigh Zeitz lovingly known as “Dr. Z” to all of his students has powerful student-centered approach to his classroom at the University of Northern Iowa. I know because I've interacted with them for years.
He has taught in public, private, prison schools, and in college and loves teaching. How does he do it? What is his philosophy of learning? Let's learn.
Who will want to listen to this show?
This is a must listen for all higher ed education professors but also for anyone who wants to become a more student-centered teacher at all levels.
My favorite thing is when Dr. Z talks about his collaboration with Cliff Mims @clifmims and how he built a dynamic community between some undergrad students and grad students.
Listen to Every Classroom Matters Episode 47 : Leigh Zeitz
- Listen on iTunes “Stepping Away from Teaching and Toward Empowering Students”
- Listen to the show on BAM Radio
Add Leigh Zeitz to your PLN
Blog: Dr Z Reflects
You'll want to read Dr Z's blog post “What IS the Difference Between 20th and 21st Century Classrooms” mentioned in the show.
Every Classroom Matters is a bi-weekly podcast by Vicki Davis on BAM Radio network dedicated to excellent education. Listening will help you teach with better results, lead with a positive impact, and live with a greater purpose. Subscribe.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)