Guilty. We tell students “be a good student.” “Study hard.” “Work hard.” But are we guilty of not telling them HOW to be a good student? WHAT study tips actually work? WHAT things do they do to be a “good” student without having to work so hard?
- The simple things students need to do before anything else.
- What does it mean to “study?”
- How do you study?
- What can you do that will have more impact than reading a book or passage four times?
- Why rewriting notes doesn't work, but what does.
- How do you help reluctant learners become more self-motivated?
Over Judy Fishel's 35 year career in education, she was a Presidential award-winning math teacher and principal. She's not only read the research, but she's lived what works. Judy knows how to help students get results. In this episode, she shares important study tips for students.
- Judy Fishel's April 2015 book Straight A's are Not Enough: Breakthroughs in Learning for College Students
- Judy Fishel's Breakthroughs to Learning Website
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)