Writing should be exciting. You can teach writing skills with powerful multimedia based prompts and ideas, a global audience, and easy to use tools. John Spencer has the data to show that kids write more using this method.
- How can reluctant writers get excited about writing?
- Why we should use multimedia writing IDEAS (not prompts.)
- The big question that should be asked BEFORE writing (but most people don't.)
- Why we shouldn't dictate student writing topics and instead, give them choices.
- Why sometimes less technology inspires more creativity.
If you teach writing to any age student, you'll want to hear what 14-year teacher and now college professor John Spencer
- What is Design Thinking? Can it work in my classroom? by John Spencer
- Larry Ferlazzo “The Best Web-based tools for Teaching” Episode 131
- John Spencer's Write about App
- Student Shark Tank
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines by Copyblogger
- follow @spencerideas on twitter
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)