Want to save time? Want free resources? Open education resources (OERs) can help busy teachers everywhere! Do you know how to find them? Use them? License them? Make your own? Today's guest, Sue Jones, has created a helpful guide to OERs and is using them in her highered classroom. You can do this! Listen to today's show to get started.
- How OER resources can save teachers lots of time.
- Finding videos, PowerPoints, and more that you can actually use.
- A fast tip for figuring out which free videos are accurate.
- A cool network where educators share tons of free resources.
- How to share while preventing “stealing.” (I share how I license my work.)
- Why teachers are so excited about OER resources.
- Finding, Sharing and Integrating OER Presentation by Sue Jones that we talked about in the show
- YouTube and copyright/li>
- OER Commons
- Creative Commons Search– a turbo fast way to search!
- Citing Creative Commons work
- Kyle Pearce's math animations
- David Wiley's 5 R's of Reuse
- Lesley University has an impressive line-up of online programs specifically designed for busy teachers. If you’re interested in strengthening your professional training, your resume or your career options, you’ll want to take a look at what Lesley has to offer.Lesley’s programs include: •creative learning environments •experienced faculty •small classes, and •the kind of supportive online community that we all value and want.
[button href=”http://www.bamradionetwork.com/index.php?option=com_adagency&controller=adagencyAds&task=click&cid=20&bid=68&aid=3″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Check Out Lesley University's Online Programs[/button]
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or elsewhere, get the RSS feed, or listen via the media player above.
[button href=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/everyclassroommatters” primary=”false” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Join the Every Classroom Matters Awesome Educators Network on Facebook[/button]
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.
Cool links, thank you for sharing, Vicky. Slideshare in particular is really great!