Dr. Tracey Wilen-Daugenti @traceywilen cover an important topic: how do educators stay employed and relevant FOR LIFE. (Yes, I said for life.) Based upon her research, she has some things to share with all educators about the trends driving education and how we can stay relevant (and employed.)
Who should listen to this show?
Any educator who wants to stay employed until they are ready to retire. More than that, if you want to thrive, understanding the big picture trends is important because you can see where decision makers are spending the money.
My favorite part of the show is when Tracey talks about Society 3.0 and how technology is shaping education. She also gives interesting insight into reasons behind the growth of online learning and online tutoring. (And how tutoring might be a great opportunity for many of us.) Her research into how students are actually learning is quite fascinating as well. (It's not what you think.)
She also gives advice to those who are dealing with an unexpected career change or setback based upon some new research on “how you get a job in a tough economy.”
Listen to the show
- Listen on iTunes “Staying Relevant, Staying Abreast, Staying Employed for Life”
Add Dr. Tracey Wilen-Daugenti to your PLN
- Twitter: @traceywilen
- Personal Blog: http://www.traceywilen.com/
- Huffington Post Blog: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-tracey-wilendaugenti/
You'll want to read her Huffington article: Don't get Left Behind: How to Stay Employed in a Technology Based World on this topic.
Every Classroom Matters is a bi-weekly podcast by Vicki Davis on BAM Radio network. Every classroom matters because every child matters. Listening will help you teach with better results, lead with a positive impact, and live with a greater purpose. Subscribe.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)