My husband told me Friday night, “Did you really listen to what Angela Maiers said on that podcast?” I was tired beyond belief – not taking very good care of myself and having one of those bouts of self-deprecation that some of us teachers have. So, this show is for me and one I'll listen to for years to come. I know there's someone else out there who needs to hear this talk about mattering, worthiness, and good health. Thanks, Angela Maiers @angelamaiers for sharing your heart.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing to the 10 Minute Teacher! Now, check your email and confirm to get this podcast delivered to you every weekday.
Check out our past episodes at www.coolcatteacher.com/podcast
In today's show, we'll discuss:
- The meaning of genius
- Contributions the world needs from teachers and students
- Rediscovering the power of show and tell
- Angela’s personal struggle with mattering
- The greatest thing students need to see in front of the classroom
I hope you enjoy this episode with Angela!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @angelamaiers
- Blog: http://www.angelamaiers.com
- App Creation Project Mentioned in the Show by Vicki: http://madaboutmattering2017.wikispaces.com
- Verse Mentioned by Vicki in the Show: Ephesians 2:10 http://biblehub.com/ephesians/2-10.htm
Angela Maiers @angelamaiers has been creating and leading change in education and enterprise for 25 years. Her powerful message and down-to-earth style have made her a highly sought-after keynote speaker for education conferences, corporate events and innovation summits.
Angela is the author of six books, and the founder of Choose2Matter, a global movement that challenges and inspires students to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions to social problems.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)