Today Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm has a student classroom blog that will completely blow you away! Rayna is full-scale using blogging to teach writing. These fifth graders are writing and sharing fifteen or more blog posts a week and it shows. In today’s show, Rayna teaches us how she does it. Wow! Impressive!
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Enter today’s contest. I’m hosting a contest to draw for one person to receive an autographed copy of my book Reinventing Writing. To enter, use this widget to retweet and share this show.
Subscribe to the show:
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Topics students choose
- Her blogging work flow
- Rayna’s favorite tools (all free!)
- Image citations and photography
- Rayna’s approach to digital equity and inclusion
I hope you enjoy this episode with Rayna!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @rlfreedm
- Blog: http://msfreedmanagent24.blogspot.com/
- Link to student blog: http://jjsecretagents.blogspot.com/
- Link to teacher blog: http://msfreedmanagent24.blogspot.com/
- Google Docs
- Google Classroom
- Peter Reynolds
- The Blue Bunny Bookshop owned by Peter Reynolds
- A student example blogging as “the blue bunny” and learning point of view
- Creative Commons images
- How to use Google to search for Creative Commons images
Cool Cat Teacher store – use code “remarkable” for a discount right now
Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm has been teaching for 17 years at the Jordan/Jackson Elementary school and has been blogging with students in the 4th and 5th grade. She is on the MassCUE board of directors, a doctoral student, and hopes to change the world of education some day.
Scroll down to see pictures of Rayna’s classroom.
Enter Today’s Contest
Get a free chapter of Reinventing Writing
Sign up. I'll send you the first chapter and table of contents for Reinventing Writing. That way you can figure out if it is for you.
My newsletter is sent to your inbox two or three times a week.
I'm here to help.