This was a busy week at my school. Kids weren’t too excited to be there but we got so much done anyway. Friday was capped off with sharing with each student something that makes them special. The response was amazing from parents but it was about the students. Every student needs to know they matter. But you can only tell each student how they are unique if you KNOW THEM. You must have a relationship. That is what teaching is about anyway! Relationship first, then learning can happen.
1. 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn His Day Around
Inspired by a comment Kevin Honeycutt made on my show and enhanced with Sylvia Duckworth’s sketchnote, what a great discussion for so many schools to be having! This was #2 on last week’s list.
2. 8 Ways to Level Up Game Based Learning in the Classroom
Worksheets with points doesn’t work. But authentic games do. Full of real classroom examples and great books to read, this blog post is hot.
3. 5 Ways to Teach Gratitude in Your Classroom
You can teach gratitude. This updated post resonates with the Thanksgiving season.
4. Notetaking Skills for 21st Century Students
5. 15 Best Google DriveAdd Ons for Education
6. How We Can Stop TEACHING TO THE TEST and Start Empowering Learning (For a Change)
This show with Eric Sheninger based on his new book Uncommon Learning is being shared like crazy. Eric is spot on and I highly recommend reading his new book.
7. 6 Ways to Motivate Teachers: Be the Hope
Teacher motivation is hot in November. Lots of us struggle this time of year.
8. Why Teachers Need to Keep Going Even When It’s Hard
This powerful piece continues to be shared by educators grappling with the hard things happening in our world.
9. How Teachers Can Self-Publish Books
David Hopkins, an educator from the UK, shares a practical guide for educators to self publish books in this episode of Every Classroom Matters.
10. 6 Reading Comprehension Problems and What to Do About Them
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)