Empowering special needs students with technologies is one of the greatest ways to motivate and ignite their learning. Jennifer Cronk @jenniferacronk shares two tearful but joyful stories of people with special needs unleashed (including her own.) Let’s start this Monday motivation remembering the joyful opportunity we have to help every child with technology!
This episode, blog, and webinar are sponsored by Bloomz, my favorite tool for parent communication. They are sponsoring April’s free webinar, 5 Habits to Start Now to Thrive in the Fall. You don’t have to give up your summer to prepare. Learn what I do now to make the fall even more wonderful!
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Subscribe to the show by clicking your favorite podcast network
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- How to empower special needs students to champion themselves
- Examples of alternative assessment and contribution for those with special needs
- How Jennifer motivates students and teachers to unleash learning
- A breakthrough story of Jennifer’s own son who wanted to honor his teacher
- The moving thing that happened last week to Jennifer with a special needs teacher
I hope you enjoy this episode with Jennifer!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Using Videos in Google Slides tutorial by Jennifer Cronk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xR3tx3eaU
- Beeline reader
- Beeline reader Chrome extension
- Visor Chrome extension
Jennifer Cronk is an Assistant Manager of Emerging Technologies for the Southern Westchester BOCES in New York. She currently oversees and strategically plans the Google Apps transformations of several school districts in Westchester county. Jennifer began her career in 1996 as a computer teacher and passionately pursued the ed tech field for twenty years. Jennifer presents nationally at instructional technology conferences, and workshops on integrating Google Apps and other emerging technologies into learning. She is a Google Certified Innovator and Google Education Trainer. In addition, Jennifer is also certified: administrator, english teacher, elementary teacher and educational technology specialist. Jennifer also blogs about “digital parenting”, professional development and educational technology at www.transparentlyteaching.com and is a co-host of the blab.im show “Positively Special Ed”.
Never Miss a Podcast Episode
Subscribe to get our podcast episodes by email.