It is time to move forward in education. As we do this, we want to examine the research and apply it to what we are doing in schools now. There are right and wrong ways to work with our students and help them learn. As we do this, we have to remember that we start from where students are — not where we WISH they were. We must be grounded in reality and equip ourselves with the knowledge of neuroscience, learning, and how we can best help kids move forward. Register for this webinar on Tuesday, April 20 at 7 pm eastern; we will be discussing ten ways to move forward with learning in schools.
This post will share the ten trends that we’ll be covering and some information on our speakers. I’ll be moderating and asking the questions that I hope will help you win as you return to school with your students.
Outline of the 10 Ways to Move Forward
10 Ways to Move Forward: Learning Gaps, SEL, and Practical Tips to Take Your Classroom Further Post-Pandemic
We’ll be talking about some essential things that we need to consider as we return to school now and in the fall:
- What Skills Should We Emphasize?
- How Do We Leverage Pre-Assessment Skills Meaningfully? (and what do we do about students who ghosted?)
- How Can We Have Realistic Thinking Not Deficit Thinking?
- How Do We Help the Kids Who Excelled in Distance Learning?
- How Do We Relate to Standardized Tests?
- How Do We Narrow Learning Gaps?
- What Trauma-Informed Learning Concepts Should Every Teacher Know?
- How Do We Cope with Ongoing Stress?
- How Do We Prioritize Mental Health? What Does Every Teacher Need To Know About Student Depression?
- Where Does Technology Go From Here (And What About Those Who Are Tired of Tech?)
Like last year, the presenters and I sat down and discussed the most important topics that teachers seem to be talking about and compiled them into the presentation. Our goal is to be relevant, helpful, and current.
Last year, when the world shut down for learning, these presenters and I worked together for a presentation: 10 Essential Best Practices for Online Learning. Like last time, bookmark this web page as I’ll add the YouTube video to this blog post after we record the session.
10 Ways to Move Forward – Webinar Overview
This webinar includes Vicki Davis and two top course designers from Advancement Courses. These four successful distance course designers for both K12 and teachers will share ten essential online learning best practices. In this session, we’ll share where we are now, emotional trauma and learning, how effective distance learning compares to face-to-face learning, how to take your class online, accessibility and equity, assessment, and project-based learning. Join us.
Vicki Davis – yes! I’ll be there
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)