I enjoyed talking to the delightful Prantika Das from India when I was in South Africa. This video shows me several things: 1) the evolutionary nature of innovation and 2) the power of putting handhelds in student’s hands. There are great teachers doing amazing things throughout the world.
Innovate or become Irrelevant!
This is part of an ongoing series of video conversations that I filmed while in Microsoft’s Innovative Teacher Forum in Cape Town, South Africa. Next year is in Washington, DC so find out information for how to apply in your part of the world!
- Got a Great Project? Share!! #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Six and Seven Year Old Boys Collect 8 tons of waste in “Trash to Treasure” #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Moleihi Sekese: Integrating Technology with No Electricity? #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- My Study Mate: Students in Ireland Hand Coding and Maintaining a Video Sharing Site #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Shout Learning: Listening to the Organizers #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- [ #msief ]: The Elevator Experiment: You can innovate, but here’s how you’ll get sucked back (edu.blogs.com)
- Student Sourcing Science: Shout Learning Announced at Microsoft Innovative Educators Conference #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Microsoft VP Anthony Salcito: Getting Technology to the Next Classroom #msief (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)