How can we connect with our students every single day? Teacher Jennie Magiera reflects honestly about how she killed creativity but brought it back from the dead. She shares how a simple Google form changed everything about the relationship with her students. Her insights about kids working below grade level are helpful to every teacher who struggles to reach them. A White House Champion for Change, you’ll be inspired to connect with your students in new ways after listening to this episode.
- How a mood check-in gave Jennie a “qualitative shift” in her relationship with her students. (BYOD schools take note)
- 5 Ideas for how to do mood check-ins (even without technology)
- How Jennie pursued Ken Robinson’s dream to move towards creativity only to realize she had “broken” her students
- How to empower and engage kids who are far below grade level.
- How to help kids want to learn.
- Creating Mood Check Ins with Google Forms [VIDEO]
- Power to the Pupil – Jennie’s TEDx Talk
- Sir Ken Robinson’s TED Talk on Creativity
- Jennie Magiera’s Keynote on Wes Fryer’s Podcast
[tweetthis]How can we allow for all students to have access to powerful and transformational opportunities? @MsMagiera[/tweetthis]
[tweetthis]Every child deserves a world-class education. @coolcatteacher #edreform[/tweetthis]
[tweetthis]We need to give our students more choice and voice. @MsMagiera[/tweetthis]