Miguel Guhlin's @mguhlin post 7 Tips for Surviving Leadership in Transition, is a blog post every educator needs to read, especially if you've had some transition in your school leadership. He took some time to talk through advice for handling the stress and duress that comes from change.
Who will want to listen to this show?
This is a must listen for anyone who has a new principal, superintendent or leadership changes. If you're that new leader, you'll also want to listen and apply the needs assessment he discusses.
Miguel just went through the 7 tips as I sat there taking notes. He was so thorough and insightful, it is just mostly all Miguel sharing his wisdom and it was awesome.
Listen to Every Classroom Matters Episode 48 : Miguel Gulin
- Listen on iTunes “7 Tactics of Surviving Leadership Transitions”
- Listen to the show on BAM Radio (Use IE or Chrome)
Add Miguel Guhlin to your PLN
You'll want to read the initial article that Miguel discussed in the show and his recommendations for establishing a baseline for improvement based on researched needs.
A personal note: The show has been trending in the top 10 on k12 in iTunes this week. Thank you to all of you who are listening but the credit goes to the amazing people who are sharing their stories. Thanks to Miguel for taking time to share his.
Every Classroom Matters is a bi-weekly podcast by Vicki Davis on BAM Radio network dedicated to excellent education. Listening will help you teach with better results, lead with a positive impact, and live with a greater purpose. Subscribe.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)