Today Dr. Brad Johnson @drbradjohnson talks about the mistakes schools make that hurt their standardized test scores. You might be surprised that sometimes the things schools do may have the opposite impact of what they intend. Consider this feedback as you prepare to administer testing this spring.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Click the button for iTunes or Stitcher to subscribe to this show
In today's show, Brad discusses standardized testing mistakes schools make. He will share:
- Mistakes we make in routines
- How keeping kids “quiet” and limiting activities may be a mistake
- The importance of resource classes
- Important things for administrators to consider
- Perspective on testing
I hope you enjoy this episode with Brad!
Want to hear another episode on improving learning? Listen to Eric Sheninger talk about digital pedagogy that actually improves learning.
Selected Links from this Episode
Transcript Link coming soon
Full Bio As Submitted
Dr. Brad Johnson
Dr. Johnson is a speaker in the fields of education and leadership. He is the author of six books including, From School Administrator to School Leader, & Learning on Your Feet: Incorporating Physical Activity into the K-8 Classroom (Routledge). He teaches graduate-level leadership courses and other educational courses.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)