Today teacher @Alex_Corbitt from the Bronx has 5 created ideas to help improve and make language arts learning fun.
Listen to Alex’s Ideas for Improving the Language Learning Classroom
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Subscribe to the show on:
Language arts ideas we’ll discuss today:
- How to scaffold reading
- Making use of classroom spaces
- Some cool project ideas including “talk show host”
- Using picture books even with older kids
- Establishing benchmarks for students
- Advice for new teachers
I hope you enjoy this episode with Alex!
Want another language arts episode? Listen to 5 ideas for improving student writing with Jennifer Seravallo.
Links Mentioned on the Show
- Audiobook Homework Video Example
- End of Year Video Example
- Harrison Bergeron [Full Text] by Kurt Vonnegut
- Meet the Dullards by Sara Pennypacker Illustrated by Daniel Salmieri
Disclosure: Some links above are affiliate links.
Alex Corbitt is a middle school English teacher in The Bronx, New York. His work focuses on socio-emotional learning, gamification, education technology, and literacy. He loves learning from other teachers and he regularly presents at conferences around the United States. Alex’s passion for teaching will thrive as long as he continues to laugh with and learn from his incredible students.
Pictures of Alex’s Classroom
Pictures provided by Alex. Notice his flexible seating that he discusses on the show.