Today Kevin Honeycutt @kevinhoneycutt grew up in poverty and attended school in many cities across the United States. As he witnessed education around the country he collected powerful experiences that still influence his conversations and his work with educators.
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/31-kevin-honeycutt-inspires-us-to-reach-that-kid-mondaymotivation/id1201263130?i=1000382543133&mt=2″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Listen on iTunes[/button]
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
As Kevin Honeycutt shares his story as a troubled kid, we'll talk about:
- His difficult experiences as “that kid”
- The teachers who connected and related to him
- The inspiration to be the teacher who relates and connects to kids
I hope you enjoy this episode with Kevin!
Want to hear another motivational Monday? Listen to teacher Jim Forde's inspiring song, “you're the teacher.”
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @kevinhoneycutt
- Blog: http://kevinhoneycutt.org
- Dances with Wolves
[button href=”https://www.coolcatteacher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/TRANSCRIPT-E31-Kevin-Honeycutt.pdf” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Download the transcript[/button]
Kevin grew up in poverty and attended school in many cities across the United States. As he witnessed education around the country he collected powerful experiences that still influence his conversations and his work with educators.
He spent 13 years teaching art K-12 in public school and for 17 years spent summers leading creative adventure camps for kids of all ages.
In 1991 he received the Making IT Happen Award which is an internationally recognized awards program for educators and leaders in the field of educational technology integration in K-12 schools. The program identifies and rewards educational technology leaders around the world for their commitment and innovation.
In 2011 he became an Apple distinguished educator and he continues to train students and teachers in the use of Apple’s powerful learning tools.
In his life he’s gone from being an at-risk kid doing stints in foster care to traveling the globe talking to audiences of educators, business people and kids.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)