Bloomz is the free tool I currently use for communicating with parents. Bloomz was one of my sponsors for ISTE 2016 this year, and I appreciate their support. So, I sat down with Bloomz and did an interview about the product and how it works. They have some cool new features including Bloomz for schools, video, and student timelines. (Timelines are a portfolio-like tool to share student work with parents.)
Recent awards: Bloomz won the 2016 Edtech Digest Cool Tool Award for best new product or service. They also won the American Association of School Librarian's Award for Best Websites for Teaching and Learning: Social Media 2016. ISTE is one of the only times you'll ever hear me do an interview about a particular product. Bloomz is a great tool. I use it personally and highly recommend it.
Thank you to Bloomz, Today's Sponsor
- The private way you can share photographs with parents.
- Scheduling posts to parents to save time.
- Student timelines (portfolios) being added to Bloomz.
- New behavior tracking features. (Positive behaviors.)
- Support for video inside Bloomz.
- They now have a free school-wide product.
Who is Horatio Ochoa?
Horacio Ochoa has been head of Marketing at Bloomz @BloomzApp since it's launch in early 2015. He has years of experience in consumer and technology brands, including Pepsi and Microsoft. Horacio is originally from Mexico and holds a Masters degree from the University of Texas.