The #WorkWonders contest is here! Quickly snap a picture of something you've created in Microsoft Office and share it to me in Twitter or Instagram . To enter, include the hashtags #WorkWonders and #contest . At the end of the contest, the best one wins a Microsoft Surface 2.
If you can, I'd love links to videos, blog posts, or examples of what you're doing to share with other teachers.
[button href=”http://www.microsoft.com/office/workwonders/” primary=”true” centered=”true”]Visit the Work Wonders Website![/button]
You can win a Microsoft Surface 2 and a featured blog post here on my blog where I write about what you've done.
How I #WorkWonders Every Day
I use Microsoft Office every single day (as I have since 1987 when I was a freshman in college and first cracked open my software box for Microsoft Word.)
You can see how I #WorkWonders by just looking at my new book Reinventing Writing. I wrote the book in Microsoft Word while exchanging revisions and comments with my publisher. As seen in the picture, I used my Surface Pro and the free PowerPoint Office Mix to #WorkWonders — the book trailer to launch my new book Reinventing Writing.
In my classroom, well, let me count the ways:
- In my classroom I #WorkWonders by creating presentations, review games, and screencasts in PowerPoint.
- All of my complex rubrics are created in Excel and I duplicate the pages to give feedback for each student and print a personal copy of the rubrics while Excel does the Math for me.
- I write most of the curriculum for my students in Microsoft Word and print it as epaper to give digital handouts.
- Oh, and then there's OneNote – I take notes into OneNote on my Interactive White Board (IWB) and we share notes together in that amazing notetaking service.
- When I create tickets for the scavenger hunt games we play, I use Publisher to create those (including QR Codes) and
- use Access to track the equipment we have all over campus in my IT Role.
Now, all of this has gone more portable with my Surface Pro 1. In my experience, the Surface Pro 1 is the best laptop I've ever owned. (See picture.) In fact, it is so small I carry it in my pocketbook everywhere.
Later today, I'm going to share a blog post to dive deeper into Office Mix. Office Mix is the greatest screencasting tool anywhere. For this reason, every flipped classroom teachers should try it out.
How to Enter the #WorkWonders Contest
1. Snap a Photo or Screenshot.
Take a picture or screenshot that answers this prompt:
How do you #WorkWonders using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Access, Publisher or Lync?
(For the purpose of being even more helpful to others links blog posts are welcome but not required. Just send the link to your blog post with the pic.)
Although your entry doesn't have to be for use in the classroom, I'll take a shine to teaching or something used by schools.
2. Enter Via Twitter or Instagram
- Send me a picture of what you did (to @coolcatteacher on Twitter and Instagram.)
- 2 Hashtags Required: #WorkWonders #contest
[callout]To earn extra favor with the judges (me) you can include a link to a blog, website, or video with more info in your tweet or Instagram status.[/callout]
See full contest rules and prizes but only one entry per person and sorry, international friends, US only.
[button href=”http://bit.ly/1lQtjOu” primary=”true” centered=”true”]See Official Contest Rules[/button]
How Will the #WorkWonders Winner Be Judged?
Quality of Submission (25%); and
Fit to Applicable Contest Theme (50%).
I'll be judging entries sent to me on Instagram and Twitter. During the contest, I'll be sharing the cool stuff you're doing as it comes in.
What Do You Win in the #WorkWonders Contest?
- Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet
- A special blog post I'll write here about you and your creation
- The joy of inspiring other people! (And the eternal gratitude of Krispy the Cat.)
#WorkWonders Contest Details
Launch Date: 6/3 When this post goes live!
End Date: 6/9 (at midnight EDT)
Winner announced: 6/16
So, quickly, get out your camera or take a screenshot now, it will take just a moment to enter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (DC), 18 years or older. Enter Promotion by: 6/9/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize description, visit http://bit.ly/1lQtjOu. Void where prohibited.
[callout]Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via cash payment, gift, or something else of value to edit and post it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.)[/callout]
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.