To be remarkable teachers, we must learn to rise above our problems and bring our best self to the kids. Have you ever struggled to get out of the car to walk into school on Mondays? I have. As for me, I needed this Monday morning pep talk from Todd Nesloney, author of the book Kids Deserve It!.
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Todd is giving away a Kids Deserve It! Book, bracelet and sticker! Thanks Todd!
All you need to do is head over to leave a review on iTunes and just include your Twitter or Instagram handle so we can reach you.
- Leaving your stress in the car when you head into school
- Getting parents excited to receive your phone calls
- Unleashing student intrinsic motivation
- How to deal with failure
- The biggest mistake educators often make when trying to reach struggling kids
I hope you enjoy this episode with Todd.
Need some more Monday Morning Motivation? Check out last week's show with Dave Burgess, author of Teach Like a Pirate.
Selected Links from this Episode
Some links are affiliate links.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/techninjatodd
- Blog www.toddnesloney.com
- Book: Kids Deserve It! http://amzn.to/2lbWbGB
- “Hurting people hurt people and are easily hurt by people.” John Maxwell http://www.johnmaxwell.com/blog/pick-your-battles
- “Hats Off Cards” http://webbelementary.blogspot.com/2016/11/some-have-no-one-else.html
- Todd Nesloney serving lunch was mentioned in my article – 5 Ways to Bring Out the Best of Everybody in Your School – https://www.coolcatteacher.com/bring-out-the-best-everybody-school/
- Adam Welcome (co author of Kids Deserve It Book) Twitter https://twitter.com/awelcome
- Adam Welcome Blog http://adamwelcome.blogspot.com/
- Research on Gratitude Making You Happier – http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/giving-thanks-can-make-you-happier
- iTunes Review – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/10mt-10-minute-teacher-show/id1201263130
DOWNLOAD TRANSCRIPT Todd Nesloney on 10MT
Todd Nesloney @TechNinjaTodd is the Elementary Principal at Webb Elementary in Navasota, Texas. He is a White House Champion of Change and the Bammy Award Recipient for Elementary Teacher and Elementary Principal of the year. He is also the co-author of the best-selling book Kids Deserve It!
Show Giveaway Rules
BOOK GIVE AWAY: Todd is giving away a Kids Deserve It! book, bracelet, and sticker!
Manner of Selection of Winners: All participants with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher between February 27, 2017, and midnight on March 1, 2017, will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner.
Geographic Area and Eligibility: This is being shipped by the author and the location that is being shipped to should be commensurate with the shipping cost to North America. If it is not, an alternate winner may be awarded.
Dates: February 27, 2017 – March 1, 2017 at midnight EST.
How Prizes Will be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews on iTunes during this review period will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
Determination of date of winner: March 3, 2017, the name will be drawn and the winner will be notified.
No purchase necessary.
Alternate method of free participation. You may also enter with a social media posting on Instagram or Twitter linking to the show using the hashtag #10MT.
Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before March 30, 2017.
Void where prohibited.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.