Paolo Tolomeo gets kids excited about learning math and language arts by sailing the 7 seas. Learn how it does it, how he keeps on track with lessons, and how to avoid common mistakes when adding gamification to your classroom.
Listen to Paolo Tolomeo Talk about Gamification in His Classroom
Subscribe to the Show
Links mention in the show
Interviews with Michael Matera
- 10 Keys to Purpose Driven Learning
- 5 Ideas for Using Game-Based Learning in Your Classroom Today
- Michael Matera's Podcast – Well Played
Interviews with John Meehan
- Using Amusement Parks, Mud Runs and Escape Rooms to Inspire Your Classroom
- John Meehan's Podcast EdDrenaline Rush Podcast
Paolo Tolomeo – Bio As Submitted
I am a 4th grade teacher preparing to enter my 16th year teaching. I am constantly looking for ways to further engage my students, creating epic storylines for us all to navigate each year in my gamified classroom.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored podcast episode.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via cash payment, gift, or something else of value to include a reference to their product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)