Today Josh Harris @edtechspec an elementary edtech director from California, talks about an attitude of innovation. We can empower ourselves with an attitude of fearlessness and trying new things.
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
This week, I’m giving away five copies of The Little Things book by Andy Andrews. Andy Andrews also has a free downloadable companion curriculum based on many of his best selling books here. He’s not paying me anything, I just like this book and would like to share it. History buffs will love his stories.
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- How to adopt an attitude of trying new things
- Confronting the fear of “breaking something”
- Learning technology doesn’t have to be hard
- Mistakes many of us make when learning about new technology
- A lovely story of a teacher who decided to change
I hope you enjoy this episode with Josh!
- Twitter handle: @edtechspec
- Blog: http://edtechspec.blogspot.com/
- Josh’s Ignite Speech about Technology
DOWNLOAD TRANSCRIPT: E026_10mt_Harris_REV2
In his 18th year in public education, Josh Harris find himself in the position of Educational Technology Director for an elementary school district on California’s central coast. He has a passion for edtech, especially in communities of color, which manifests itself in presenting at edtech conferences and summits as often as he can. you can find his session materials at http://bit.ly/edtechspec
Book GIVE AWAY: This week, this show is giving away The Little Things book by Andy Andrews. He also has free downloadable companion curriculum based on many of his best selling books here. He’s not paying me anything, I just like this book and would like to share it.
Manner of Selection of Winners: All participants with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher between Monday, March 6, 2017, and midnight on Sunday, March 12, 2017, will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner. We will give away 5 copies of this book
Geographic Area and Eligibility: This is being shipped by the author and the location that is being shipped to should be commensurate with the shipping cost to North America. If it is not, an alternate winner may be awarded.
Dates: Monday, March 6, 2017, – Sunday, March 12, 2017 at midnight EST.
How Prizes Will be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews on iTunes during this review period will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
Determination of date of winner: Wednesday, March 14, 2017, the name will be drawn and the winner will be notified. No purchase necessary.
Alternate method of free participation. You may also enter with a social media posting on Instagram or Twitter linking to the show using the hashtag #10MT. Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before March 31, 2017. Void where prohibited.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)