Can self-publishing change everything? For some autistic kids, it did. Parents started showing up at IEP meetings. Everyone started talking. And it wasn’t all that hard!
Essential Questions in “How I Motivated My Autistic Students to Publish 63 Books”
- How do you edit and publish books with kids of all ability levels?
- What tools do you use?
- How does the workflow?
- How do I secure parent permission?
- What are the benefits of self-publishing with kids?
Jon Smith’s students have published 63 books! (probably more by now) Jon makes book publishing approachable and doable. We can do this!
Educator Resources from This Episode
- Math Our Way iBook
- @theipodteacher – Twitter handle for Jon Smith, the teacher in this episode.
- iBooks Author
- Book Creator
- 5 Free Easy Ways to Publish eBooks by AJ Juliani