We need promote healthy lifestyles for our students. The program fit4Schools from Sanford Health, collaborating with WebMD is just that program. In this post, I’m going to tell you about the fit4Schools, a daily program you can use in your classroom to boost fitness, and an awesome contest that you can enter to win rainy day supplies for PE teachers or flexible seating for your classroom.
What is fit4Schools?
fit4Schools gives families simple things they can do each day to help make healthy lifestyle choices a habit. Parents can create an account and follow a classroom and their activities, which connects home and school in a powerful way to talk about fitness. Educators create accounts and can create a classroom.
I like how the site demonstrates that we have influencers in our life — MOOD and RECHARGE that influence the choices we make about the FOOD we eat and how we MOVE.
- MOOD: feelings and attitudes
- RECHARGE: sleep and relaxation
- FOOD: what and how much you eat
- MOVE: exercise, play, and physical activity
The daily fitBOOST gives teachers fun ways to add fitness breaks to their classroom each day. Other features include a weekly fit Calendar, and weekly lessons organized by grade level. The lessons include slide shows and are standards aligned. This is a great addition to your weekly activities in your classroom to help kids become more fit.
Enter the fit Commit Sweepstakes
The fit Commit Sweepstakes are an awesome contest you can share with students. Teacher must enter by May 25, 2018 and is open to all who are currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States.
All teachers have to do is enter and they will possibly win a Rainy Day Kit, a For the P.E. Teacher Kit, a Classroom Active Seating Kit or a Flexible Seating Kit! Teachers can select the prize kit of their choice if selected. There will be 16 winners. All prizes are valued at $650
fit Commit Prizes
The Rainy Day Kit Includes:
- A giant tower game
- A physical activity BINGO set
- Clever Catch™ activity balls
- A set of fitBoost cards
- Plus loads of other indoor get-moving games and activities including hula hoops, a dance CD, beach balls and more
For the PE Teacher Kit includes:
- 6 SST™ Scooters
- 24 ACTION™ ToppleTubes™
- A huge parachute
- A set of fitBoost cards
- Plus all of the balls, Frisbees, jump ropes and more to make your P.E. class awesome.
The Classroom Active Seating Kit includes:
- 3 ergoErgo chairs
- 6 BALLance™ stability balls
- A Yze standing desk
- A set of fitBoost cards and Brain Breaks activities
The Flexible Seating Kit includes:
- Tabletop standing desk
- Mogo active seat
- Active seat cushions
- Deskcycle—you have to try one of these!
- Stability ball chair
- Stability ball set
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)