Today Felicia Casto @jfcasto28 2016 Milken Award Winner, used to hate math. But one day, she woke up and realized she was bored and her students were too. She set about to find answers. After diving into research and applying what she learned, Felicia and her elementary students have left behind a traditional way of teaching math and awakened to the exciting possibilities. If you're tired of boring, traditional math instruction, listen and learn from Felicia Casto.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today's show, we'll discuss:
- The types of activities done in her classroom
- The 3 Act project-based model of learning math
- How she went from boring math class to an exciting one
- Why she decided to make a shift to be a more exciting math teacher
- Her philosophy on having fun and teacher exhaustion
I hope you enjoy this episode with Felicia!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @jfcasto28
- Felicia Casto 2016 Milken Award Winner Profile
- Milken Q&A with Felicia Casto
- Graham Fletcher @gfletchy
- Dan Meyer @ddmeyer
Felicia Casto @jfcasto28 has been in education for 13 years. She has taught K-3 grade, mathematics instructional coach (K-5) and is currently an instructional coach and interventionist.
Never Miss a Podcast Episode
Subscribe to get our podcast episodes by email.