Jennifer Degenhardt talks about how she uses stories in Spanish to help students engage with learning Spanish.
Listen to the Show
Resources Mentioned in the Show
- La chica nueva | The New Girl | La Nouvelle Fille (soon to be released)
- El jersey | The Jersey | Le Maillot
- El viaje difícil
- Los tres amigos | Three Friends
- La lucha de la vida
- María María: un cuento de un huracán | María María: A Story of a Storm
- Debido a la tormenta
- La chica nueva Ancillary Materials for Teachers
Bio as Submitted by Jennifer Degenhardt
Jennifer Degenhardt, author
Jennifer Degenhardt, B.A., M.Ed., taught middle and high school Spanish for 24 years. She began writing when students in her classes were not “buying in” to the traditional textbook lessons. With the first story she wrote, Jennifer found that her students were more engaged, both with the language and in class in general. While her books highlight cultural, social, economic and political themes necessary for continued conversation, both in- and out of the classroom, all of them deal with identity to some degree and how important it is to know who you are. Jennifer is passionate about helping students learn more about themselves and others through storytelling and writing. Contact her at [email protected], 203-671-3165 and visit her website, www.puenteslanguage.com to check out her books!
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)