- Wolfram Technology for STEM Education: Virtual Conference for Education 2013
This September 17, Wolfram Alpha has a Virtual Learning Education Conference. I suggest that math teachers everywhere should take advantage of this free conference. They have 2 tracks – one where you learn how to use their technologies in the classroom and the other is emerging methods of using it in STEM education. All of this is online and free.
- Sparkup – The Magical Book Reader
What a cute idea. Is Grandma or Uncle far away? You can record reading them a book and they can hear your voice as they read the book. This is very cool. What a treasure.
- Dislecksia: The Movie | A Film by Harvey Hubbell V #spedchat
A new movie is coming out on OCtober 4 that is a documentary seeking to counter popular misconceptions about Dyslexia. With Dyslexic celebrities like Billy Bob Thornton, Richard Branson and others Barbara Corcoran, and Sir Richard Branson along with Dyslexic director Harvey Hubbel. For special ed teachers and parents, you'll want to keep up with this and help debunk common myths. As a Mom of a dyslexic myself, I want to help people realize that many with this become very successful.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)