This new operating system for cellular telephones seems fascinating.
Right now I’m pondering this for two reasons:
- I’m stuck in Chicago airport — I arrived at 1:15 pm — my plane is now delayed and not due to depart until around 4:30 pm CST (this blog post is on EST)
- My cell phone is MIA (missing in action). Stolen, lost — who knows. I figured it out last night and my husband called the carrier this morning. As a former General manager in the cell phone business, I’ve NEVER lost my cell phone.
(That doesn’t count the time I flushed a pager down the toilet… it was my first job and I kept getting underwater pager noises and toilet flush messages left on my voice mail for months. That is the last time I joked, “I hate this pager, I wish I could flush it down the toilet!” — because I did it!)
So, I cannot live without a cell phone and since I let my contract expire a full TWO YEARS a go! (I kept awaiting the perfect “phone” to ride in like a handsome prince and steal my heart!)
And I’m pondering — not just which is the best gadget for TODAY! What will I be able to download this android software onto and use? What is expandable?
I think it is less about NOW but more about — how mashable is it? And iPhone lovers — I wish I could have an I-phone but AT&T service in south Georgia is as inconsistent as a bass trying to sing a Freddy Mercury ballad.
The only phone I can find thus far is a star-trek looking Alienware phone preloaded with Android. (I wonder if they influenced the name?)
However, after looking at the Android site — it says it won’t work on any phone!?
So, I guess that means I need to have a Windows OS on my phone?
So, my amazing friends… what does an expandable phone look like? One I can add too and download apps on.
I really think that is more important than having the best today. Can I mash it up? Will it be flexible for the future?
OK, if you’re online — let me know, I’m listening! (I’m not going anywhere any time soon!)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)