- ICTs in Science Education – GIS.GPS Virtual Field Trips
Geocaching and GPS are important parts of today's nature-based field trips. This is a useful website for this. Of course, now many of us are using smart phones for this capability and many of these links need to be updated to reflect this, however, I believe we're going to see some very interesting gps-enabled field trip and documentation tools for this.
- Properties of Rational Numbers | CK-12 Foundation
Here is an example of resources, writing, and flashcards at ck-12. This is a fascinating resource and has free downloadable resources as well.
- Welcome to CK-12 Foundation | CK-12 Foundation
Free textbooks in a variety of topics on CK-12. This is promoted as “learning made simple.” Do students know how to find and download alternate sources of information? Can they find and search for the topics they are currently studying? This is a valuable way to compare and research topics.
- AIM Open Textbook Initiative
Open sourced textbooks that meet the criteria of the American Institute of Mathematics Editorial board. Students can download these in PDF format.
- Amazon.com: Public Library Books for Kindle
HOw to borrow Kindle books from your local library. It often requires setup of overdrive here in the US. This is an important skills for modern students, particularly if they have a tablet device, they should know how to check out books from their local library. Don't show them how to use the card catalog, set them up on overdrive and show them how to use it.
- 135 Places For Free Audio Books Online
Places to go for free audiobooks.
- 672 Places for Free eBooks Online
Wow, this is a very comprehensive blog post of places for free ebooks online.
- Flat Classroom Project 13-1 – Rubrics
Collaborative Writing Rubrics – this is the rubric used for the video artifact and wikis on the Flat Classroom project.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)