Came across this from this tweet for #itec10 – the amazing Iowa Technology conference I attended earlier this week.
When we do project based training for teachers – we can unleash greatness. This is what can happen! See the video below that this history teacher, Ryan Burkhart, left for his students as he attended ITEC! Wow, Ryan! You rock!
Project based learning doesn't just belong in the classroom with students but in teacher classrooms for the simple reason that teachers learn to create artifacts that are a legacy and can be used by others in powerful ways.
I'm forwarding this video to our teacher that covers the US constitution and formation of the United States.
Project Based Learning for Teachers! Unleash the Teacher!
- Top 10 Quotes from ITEC 2010 – Day One #itec10 (angelamaiers.com)
- Top 10 Quotes from ITEC 2010 – Day Two #itec10 (angelamaiers.com)
- Unrealistic Expectations: Wanting Teachers to Incorporate Technology but Not Requiring It? (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Tell Kids with Disabilities: YOU CAN! (Here's proof) (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)