Today let’s talk with some really cool Fearless writing with elementary kids using a neat 3D app for the iPad. As I prepped for an interview this past week to interview Joli Barker for Every Classroom Matters, I came across this neat project and couldn’t wait for the show to air to share it with you!
Another interesting item for this time of year is the edublog awards. It is Edublog award time. I’m sure that the critics will come running out, banners ablaze about how educators need no reward, however, through the years, I’ve added some great blogs, podcasts, and people to my PLN. I think that educators don’t get enough rewards and certainly there are enough in business. Certainly there are flaws with any voting system, but the edublogs I know have personally helped some people find me, and for that I’m grateful. Some very good people finally get noticed and I’m sure there will be some more newcomers this year. Take time to nominate if you’d like to put some favorites in the mix.
There’s also a great film to share with your schoolboard and studetns about what “most schools don’t teach” as you work to talk about coding an programming in your schools.
3D Writing with Augmented Reality
- The Fearless Classroom: Fearless Writing
- Wow, I love Joli Barker ‘s “Fearless writing and the 3D augmented reality worlds that students are using along with their writing. This is completely AWESOME! If you’re teaching elementary kids to write, you’ve got to read what Joli is doing with these third graders
- tags: education news writing augmented reality
Edublog Award Nominations are Open
What Most Schools Don’t Teach: Coding – a video to share
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)