- Amanda Stone and the teachers in Hoover City use this to teach internet safety. They have to pass certain courses. The teachers set up the student accounts and the teachers manage their own classroom — controlling their buddy lists and everything. The teachers connect w/ their students on the weekends and off times w/ their kids.
Great entry to a virtual world!!! It bans them if they do innappropriate things — so their goal for 5th grade is to get zero bans for the year. The teacher can control it. Each student have their own woogie — eg. Davisteacher would be me — my students would be davis1 davis2, etc.
- Cool wiki page – Amanda Stone from Hoover City schools in Alabama along with the help of Carla Marchant, tech coach in Hoover City, Alabama made this amazing wiki page with so many things that can be embedded into a wiki. This is a great list and has some things I want to play with!
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)