The Google Maps resource for those who like to fish — this mashes up fishing locations with a google map and is a great resource to help kids in rural areas (or who like to fish) understand what geotagging means. Using it as part of netgened.
Many people have not read the Youtube Community Guidelines. You should report any videos that break these rules to youtube – everyone should have a youtube account and be able to do this. Today, a student had a bad video linked to hers — I had to go to another place to report the other video but you can do this!
“Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
* YouTube is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on YouTube. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Tips and stay safe on YouTube.
* Don't post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, or bomb making.
* Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
* YouTube is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust.
* Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
* We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.