An article about Cyberbullying and how to recognize one and what to do to help. I think the point about bullies counter-accusing of bullying is an important one just because I've seen it happen so much!
Another cool tool. This is from a UK site so they call these “plenaries” but they are 140 lesson plan ideas. You'll have to sign up for a free TES account but this is a cool powerpoint.
This free powerpoint has 120 ways to start you class including pictures to help with recall. Can be used in any classroom at all grade levels. Cool powerpoint worth having, especially with the holidays coming up. Have interesting ways to start class to hold their attention.
Danah Boyd writes a great article about how parents are helping their kids break the 13 year old rule. I have some Digiteens doing their own research /action project on this. I will be sharing the video in December.
“The three considerations that most impact value are location, location, and location.” In the world of social media, they are purpose, purpose, and purpose.”
This Harvard Business review article is very much on the money. Who are you and why are you sharing. What is your purpose. If you don't know you'll send mixed signals. IF you do, you and the people who follow you will be more content with the experience.
Our keynote for Flat Classroom 11-3 from Anne Mirtschin. Big Little Classrooms. Worth a watch.
1. Why do you think this Keynote is called ‘Big Little Classrooms”?
2. What are some of the technologies used by students at Hawkesdale to connect and communicate with people around the world?
3. What are some of the techniques used by the teacher, Anne Mirtschin, to create these rich connections for the students?
4. Anne states, “Some of the best leaning takes place in a virtual classroom where there can be live links”. What are your thoughts about this?
5. How important is it to make real-time connections during a global collaborative project?
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.