- Habit Mastery: Creating the New Normal : zenhabits
Leo Babauta gives great advice on forming new habits. As you think about the habits that need to change in your life, read this thought provoking post. “Here’s the process: Start small. What’s the smallest increment you can do? Do this for at least 3 days, preferably 4-5. Get started. Starting the change each day is the most important thing. Want to run? Just get out the door. Want to meditate? Just get on the cushion. Enjoy the change. Don’t look at this as a sacrifice. It’s fun, it’s learning, it’s a challenge. Stick to the change. Notice your urge to quit. Don’t act on it. Keep going. Adjust again. When the change becomes normal, make another small adjustment. This is the process of creating a new normal. It’s beautiful and simple.”
- Top Blogging Mistakes – Platform Tip #3 – Michael Hyatt – YouTube
I enjoy Michael Hyatt’s podcast. He has great content. This is good advice on why you’re making mistakes on your blog. (I think I need to listen to tip #3 and shorten my posts. 😉
- Free Technology for Teachers: Check Out The Great New Features in Socrative
Socrative has even more cool features. Richard Byrne gives an overview on on of my favorite blogs, Free Tech for Teachers. “Socrative’s new image option could be great for asking mathematics questions that are diagram based. The image option could also be great for world languages teachers to post a picture of an object that students have to identify in the language that they’re learning. And the new automatic grading option could save you a ton of time that you can then invest in something else. ”
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)