- Common Core Curriculum Resources – List | Diigo
Darren Burris, a math teacher at Boston Collegiate Charter School, has a list of 186 items for Common Core Resources on his Diigo list. He’s someone you’ll want to follow on Diigo.
- Teach Plus: The Quantified Student
Fascinating article from a teacher thriving in the standardized testing environment. Fascinating. “Last year, working with the same cohort of students (by then fifth graders), I tried to find more learning opportunities that focused on data. We used math websites like TenMarks that enable students to learn about their own learning even as they practice new skills. We analyzed information graphics and dove into ways of presenting numerical information. We explored how numbers shape our understanding of ourselves and the world. And much of their enthusiasm and curiosity for these tasks came out of their interest in numbers from standardized testing. I’ve thus come to believe there’s a role for standardized testing within education. As a limited portion of a multiple measure evaluation system, it helps teachers understand how well we’ve taught over the course of a year. It also helps students understand how much they mastered over that year and makes them agents in their own learning.”
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)