Do you want to know my productivity tips and tricks? How about what I use for digital film class? The technology I use in my classroom everyday? Well, Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m showing love to my dear teacher friends by just sharing all the tools and tips that have me excited right now. I’ve included links below for you.
- Tools I use in my classroom every day
- The productivity tips and tricks I use to stay focused
- The tools I use to communicate
- My favorite health apps
- What I use for 3D printing
Leave a review on iTunes to enter today’s contest for the Makerbot Replicator Mini+. Today is the last day! See below for contest rules.
I hope you enjoy today’s episode!
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Want to learn more about cool tools? Check out Karen Lirenman and Kristen Wideen’s show on iPad apps for elementary classrooms.
Selected Links from this Episode
Some of the links below are affiliate links.
- Powerschool Learning http://cctea.ch/10mt-lms
- Powerschool SIS http://cctea.ch/10mt-sis
- Substitute Teacher Manual – https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Substitute-Teacher-Manual-For-Successful-Absences-from-the-Classroom-Editable-2473669
- Apple Watch http://www.apple.com/watch/
- Google Drive http://drive.google.com
- Frixion Erasable Pens http://amzn.to/2lbvzsT
- Rocketbook Wave Smartnotebook http://amzn.to/2kKSmuV
- Evernote http://cctea.ch/10mt-evernote
- Powerpoint https://products.office.com/en-us/powerpoint
- Free OfficeMix for PowerPoint http://mix.office.com
- Quicktime for Mac https://support.apple.com/quicktime
- Screenflow for Mac http://cctea.ch/10mt-screenflow
- Bloomz https://www.bloomz.net/
- Toolwire http://www.toolwire.com/
Digital Film Equipment
- DJI Phone Camera Gimbal from OSMO Mobile http://amzn.to/2lbGQJD – the price has dropped from $399 to $299 from when I bought it so the price I stated in the podcast is actually lower now – a handheld “tripod” for smartphones
- Acuvar DSLR camera backpack – http://amzn.to/2kZXQjY
- Mophie Powerstation XXL http://amzn.to/2l06q2i
- Olloclip Core Lens set for iPhone 7 http://amzn.to/2lbGNxF – be careful when you hook this on or you can crack the phone. You can’t have on a case when you use this attachment but it makes an iphone’s quality even better.
- iKross Tripod with adapters for smartphones, tablets, GoPro, and DSLR Camera – http://amzn.to/2kL2svN
- Kindle 6″ black and white – http://amzn.to/2l7y1Bf
- Evernote – http://cctea.ch/10mt-evernote
- Task Clone https://www.taskclone.com/
- Omnifocus https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus
- OneNote https://www.onenote.com/
- Classcraft – https://game.classcraft.com/share/wDGcv6FpAWAyrrBhe
- Google Calendar http://calendar.google.com
- Slack www.slack.com
- Trello https://trello.com/vickidavis/recommend
- Do What Matters https://gum.co/bZbtZ
- Freedom Journal https://thefreedomjournal.com/
- Bullet Journaling Info can be found on my productivity pinterest board – https://www.pinterest.com/coolcatteacher/productivity/
- When you buy the Rocketbook Wave Smartnotebook, you get access to digital copies of the Rocketbook paper that you can print out and use in a bullet journal or make your own planner. http://amzn.to/2kKSmuV
- Storybrand Productivity System by Donald Miller – http://buildingastorybrand.com/episode-25/
- Life Planning System by Donald Miller – http://www.creatingyourlifeplan.com/
- Skype www.skype.com
- Zoom Video http://bit.ly/2lc4sxN
- Siteground https://www.siteground.com/recommended?referrer_id=7270997
- Lose it App https://www.loseit.com/
- Runkeeper https://runkeeper.com/
- Blue Apron http://blue-apron.evyy.net/c/343296/151480/2880
Cool Classroom Tools
- Makerbot Mini Replicator+ 3D Printer http://cctea.ch/10MT-makerbot-mini
- Thingiverse – https://www.thingiverse.com/
Contests included in this show
- MakerBot Replicator Mini+ Giveaway Contest Rules
- Manner of selection of winners: All classroom teachers with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher show will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner. Those who leave a review between 2/1/2017 and 2/3/2017 will have two entries for each review. The winner will be required to verify that they are a classroom teacher and that the MakerBot Mini+Replicator will be used in the classroom. Or, if the winner is not a classroom teacher, we must verify with an appropriately designated principal or administrator of the location in a classroom where the device will be placed. Winning another prize during the contest period from the 10 Minute Teacher Show does not exclude the winner from winning this prize. All reviews of the show are eligible for entry.
- Geographic Area and Eligibility: Due to shipping costs, this contest covers the United States and Canada. Classroom teachers or those in schools who will place the device in a classroom for student use are eligible to apply.
- Dates: February 1, 2017 – February 14, 2017 at midnight EST.
- How Prizes Will Be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
- Determination of date of winner: February 15, 2017 the name will be drawn and the winner notified and verified to be a classroom teacher or to place the device in a classroom. If the winner does not meet qualifications, another winner will be selected.
- No purchase necessary.
- Alternate method of free participation: You may mail your name, mailing address, email, phone number, and school name to ATTN: Lisa Durff 26 Beall Street, Frostburg, Maryland 21532.
- Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before February 27, 2017.
- Void where prohibited.