He didn't like school. But now he's been a principal and written ten books and travels the world helping principals and educators learn how to engage today's students — especially inner-city youth. Baruti Kafele has inspiring words for us on today's Motivational Monday episode. He has authored ten books, recently the Principal 50: Critical Questions for New and Aspiring School Leaders and Closing the Attitude Gap: How to Fire Up Your Students for Success.
Listen to Baruti Kafele
Subscribe to the Show
Get Credit! Some schools, districts, and organizations allow credit for listening to podcasts. Whether they do or don't, to get the most out of listening you can use this Podcast PD Template Hyperdoc. Just make a copy and adapt it for your use or print it. If you don't have Google Docs, just use this PDF.
Today's Podcast PD Challenge
Here’s your challenge for today:
- How will you start Day One building relationships? Don’t just read your syllabus – you’ve got to start building those relationships. Start connecting.
- Check your attitude – have you decided you want to be an excellent, compelling engaging teacher who improves your craft every day? Make a decision about who you want to be.
Milken National Educator, internationally-renowned speaker and best-selling author, Principal Baruti Kafele led the turnaround of four different New Jersey urban public schools including Newark Tech, which was three times recognized by U.S. News and World Report Magazine as one of America's best high schools.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)