- Many people seem to be using Evernote hello at #iste12 – I'd download it on your smartphone.
- I'm going to be sharing a lot about collaborative writing and Common Core writing standards. For US educators to start teaching collaborative writing that we're going to have to align and help them understand how it will meet the standards they are using. While this will relate to anyone who wants to use cloud tools, those implementing common core standards will be very interested. This is the form to complete if you're interested in getting a copy of the book.
- When I couldn't go to ISTE in 2006 (It used to be called NECC) – this is what I did – I wrote a whole series of virtual posts that year and many people even thought I was there! Here is what I did back then to encourage those of you who are left at home.
- Excellent post by Lee Kolbert for ISTE presenters and attendees.
- You should read this page if you're at ISTE and if you're not. It is created using Smore – an app recommended at the smackdown today. It includes many of the other events of iste that you'll want to join.
- Jerry Blumengarten has created an excellent set of resources on Pinterest for educators.
- I'll be presenting on Tuesday for remote ISTE with Maggie Tsai talking about social bookmarking as part of research (I'll also include some slides on common core from my new book Collaborative Writing in the Cloud from eye on education.) Here's information on all the ways you can participate remotely.
- This summary by @isteconnects gives an overview of some tools shared at socialedcon.
- This hashtag search shows everything tagged #iste12 on Pinterest.
- I've created an ISTE12 pinterest board and am inviting anyone who wants to share cool things. Just send me a message on Twitter that you'd like to be added. Remember that hashtags work in Pinterest. Tag it #iste12 and I'll find it and pin it to the pinboard.
- Socialedcon will be Saturday morning at ISTE and I'll be there to spend time with friends and meet new ones. If you're curious, here's the page with information including if they will be streaming.
- ISTE | News > International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Names Brian Lewis as Chief Executive Officer#ISTE Announces Brian Lewis as New CEO: http://t.co/sJ8rn3vZ #ISTE12
- If you're attending ISTE and can get there a tad early, SocialEdCon (formerly edubloggercon) has always been one of my FAVORITE things to do. I'll miss a smidge of the morning to do a keynote smackdown with Steve Hargadon, Kathy Shrock but the rest of the time I plan to be there. I plan to have my daughter there with me some of the time.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.