We’re watching John Fooppe with my ninth graders and are talking about several things:
- Tough Love
- How Excuses Debilitate Us
- How We Can Do More than We Think We Can
Watch this video! I show it in my classroom every year.
John Foppe was born without arms. He has done amazing things with his life and this poignant story about his family loving him enough to no longer dress him and what he went through.
My students who have their reasons they can’t study and do well tend to get very quiet as they watch this many with no arms graduate with honors.
My biggest question is how many of us make excuses that actually have the opposite effect of what we planned.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)