Just finished a great discussion with Steve Hargadon's session on School 2.0 (don't turn me out) — but it was about what we need to do to build a mass repository of best practices and resources. The answer… don't build anything new but harness the power of something like delicious, etc.
Great discussion (see the notes.)
- We need a database for links and database for matching common curricular needs/ time frames.
- We need tagging standards by grade level and subject area (content level). See http://k12wiki.wikispaces.com/Tagging+to+help+Teachers
- We need a volunteer group to volunteer to tag resources in delicious. We will investigate the possibility of having a network and pull the RSS feeds for the standard tags from just that delicious network. (if it is possible)
- It needs to be simple and have video tutorials or other information to help people get up to speed.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)