Sometimes something I use gets me excited.
Well, my son was typing his paper for his Honors Lit class and somehow was on a temporary profile. We're not sure why. When he logged on tonight, you guessed it — HIS PAPER WAS GONE.
I searched everywhere — .tmp files and everything. Poof. It was gone and so was my son's hope.
Well, I went on Carbonite – that handy new backup that I use and guess what — I FOUND IT. I found it, restored it and had it back within 5 minutes after I had searched on the hard drive for the better part of an hour.
We talk about backup all the time, but do we really HAVE a good backup plan? I've had backup on a hard drive, but I'll tell you – a system that automatically backs up even the temporary profile before Windows ejects it into Cyberspace is something I just have to love.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Windows 7 Automatic Backup Tutorial (brighthub.com)
- How to Backup Your Data to a Virtual Hard Drive in Windows 7 (howtogeek.com)
- Ways to Backup Your Hard Drive (onlinestorage.org)
- How to Use Backup and Restore in Windows 7 (brighthub.com)
- Carbonite Expands Mobile Access With New Application for BlackBerry(R) Smartphones and Updated Application for iPhone(TM) (prnewswire.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.